PySoulforge (or just Soulforge) is a python/wxwidgets application to manage character sheets for White Wolf’s pen-and-paper role-playing game, Vampire: The Masquerade.
Right now, the program is extremely pre-alpha. It barely functions, doing just sheet editing, loading, saving, and die rolling. It works fine on Linux since I do all my development there, but on windows it looks like crap, some of the controls don’t work correctly yet, etc. Just one of the many things I need to iron out.
I’m just releasing it as-is at the moment to show that I have at least something working – a “tech demo”, if you will. Don’t expect it to work correctly yet though – there’s absolutely no error handling or extensibility at the moment.
Install python 2.4+, wxWindows 2.6+, and wxPython, and download the source and run soulforge.py.
- 20060530 – 0.0.4:
- New universe – Vampire: The Dark Ages
- Fix for law ability being saved incorrectly
- 20050729 – 0.0.3:
- Error handling for invalid characters
- Universe can embed an XML DTD if supported
- Cleanups in code
- Default values are set in Windows
- Some of the discolored spots on Windows are covered up
- Windows executable now available as NSIS compressed LZMA executable
- 20050709 – 0.0.2:
- Save asâ€¦ option to save as different file
- Recent files list
- Config dialog to choose sfd compression and preferred RNG
- Configuration saved appropriately according to platform (registry on Windows, ~/.soulforge on Linux)
- Custom sheet dot/box widgets (for multi-state health checkboxes and stuff)
- Sheet handling finished, with merit/flaw comboboxes
- Universe chooser when creating new sheet
- Known bug, all platforms: No error checking on XML file yet
- Known bug, all platforms: Sheet widgets arenâ€™t spaced in the most aesthetically pleasing manner yet
- Known bug, Windows only: Windows dialogs have a different background color than the rest of the widgets
- Known bug, Windows only: Control drawing is not double buffered and is slow
- Known bug, Windows only: Text/number fields donâ€™t show default values
- 20050709 – 0.0.1:
- Initial release